Infrared thermography can assist in understanding material heterogeneities, characterize heat dissipation or spreading, or electrical failures localization (short circuit or leakage).
Analyses done under thermal, electrical, magnetic (RFID) load.
- Fast localization of leakage, short-circuit
- Heat spreading efficiency, heat dissipation
- Thermal homogeneity
- Check specification, check design, or model
- Sealing joints
- Brazed and welded joints
- Qualification and fast selection of glues, adhesive, comparative analyses of aging, etc
- Inclusions, heterogeneities, porosities, cracks in material
- Electronic, micro-electronics : from full system to bare die
- Energy : solar cells, PV, power loss, battery
- Optics and optronic
- Mechanical parts
- Switching contacts (switchgear, relays, contactors)
- Composite, ceramics, plastics